Hail Damage? Don’t Panic
Hail damage can cause serious damage to even the sturdiest roofs, especially in Texas. After a bad storm, you might walk outside to find parts of your roof have been exposed or even destroyed and need emergency repairs. Don’t lose your head just yet: you need to follow these next few steps as soon as you spot the problems to minimize further damage and expenses.
- Figure out where the biggest problems are. Inspect the roof as thoroughly as you can (without endangering yourself) so you document exactly when the damage occurred and its severity. Signs of hail damage usually include dents and cracks in the gutters, as well as loose shingles.
- Call your insurance company. If you are confident the damage is substantial, call your insurance provider and start a claim. If you are uncertain, a Peak professional can do a free assessment to provide our professional opinion but ultimately the decision is determined by the insurance company.Note: The longer you wait to report the damage, the more likely the company is to deny your claim.
- Research roofing companies. They aren’t all equal in price or reputation, so take the time to find a company that will provide you with quality service at a fair cost. Beware of storm chasers who will offer you quick repairs at a low cost; their services are often fraudulent and are troublesome if issues arise after the roof installation.
- Have a trustworthy company assess the damage and give you a quote. This will help you work with your insurance company and take the necessary steps toward getting the repairs you’re seeking.
- Choose a company that meets all your needs. Many roofing contractors only do roofing. If it is obvious you need gutter replacement or gutter repair, fence staining, window repair or other storm-related repairs, consider a company that provides all the services turn-key. It will greatly simplify things including project coordination and interactions with your insurance company.
If your roof experienced hail damage during some of Texas’ worst storms, contact Peak Roofing Systems immediately. They are fully bonded and insured, and they can give you a free roof inspection on top of handling roof repairs, gutter replacements, and emergency situations. Don’t let your roof sit with hail damage indefinitely. Call 972-731-7663 (DFW) or 281-290-7325 (Houston) to speak to a local representative.
Also published on Medium.