What Asphalt Roofing Might Be Right For You
When it comes to roofing, few homeowners give their roof a second thought. We all know the material is sturdy and sitting strong overhead. However, we often forego maintenance and proper cleaning. The reason for this is either due to time constraints or lack of knowledge. If repairs become impossible, a replacement could be required. Whether you’re building a new home or replacing your current roof, you should consider asphalt roofing. The material is a viable, cost-effective solution. Of course, selecting which asphalt roofing is your first major decision.
Asphalt shingles are one of the most popular materials on the market. These shingles provide homeowners with more versatility – both regarding style and color options. Furthermore, there are beautiful architectural shingles made of asphalt, which is designed to fit with any current style of architecture.
If you’re on the fence about shingles, consider the following:
- Asphalt shingles come in a variety of appearances, from wood shake to tile and even slate
- Roof shingles offer various designer styles to accompany your home better
- Asphalt shingles come in numerous colors
- Asphalt is a durable, cost-effective material designed for roofing uses
Types of Shingles
The best thing about the roofing market is the number of choices available. With asphalt shingles, you may select from:
- Strip Shingles – Strip Shingles are the original asphalt shingle. This material is laid out in a single layer and is designed to look like slate.
- Dimensional Shingles – Dimensional Shingles are the predominant roofing material throughout the country. When installed professionally, these shingles enjoy an extended lifespan and increased durability.
- Luxury Shingles – Luxury Shingles are for the homeowner seeking aesthetic beauty over functionality. Typically described as laminated shingles with a unique appearance, luxury shingles often mimic natural shake roofing or slate.
To schedule a roofing consultation, contact Peak Roofing Systems by calling 972-731-7663 (Dallas/Ft. Worth) or 281-290-7325 (Houston). In fact, our shingle experts are ready and waiting for your call!
Also published on Medium.