Reliable Roofing Contractor in McKinney, TX
Peak Roofing Systems is the McKinney roofing contractor you can trust. We are proud to serve this great community with top quality commercial and residential roofing services. McKinney is a modern city that still maintains its small-town charm. Established in 1859, the city was an epicenter for business and an economic powerhouse for the county. McKinney was voted as the #1 place to live by Money Magazine in 2014 and we aren’t surprised. With so many great opportunities, strong community spirit, and continued economic growth, it is no wonder why people are flocking to McKinney. Peak Roofing Systems is happy to contribute as the premier choice for roofing services in McKinney.
How to Find a Licensed Roofing Contractor in McKinney
It seems like roofers are a dime a dozen. One way to sort out the novice from the experienced is to ensure that the McKinney roofer you hire is a licensed roofing contractor. Using a contractor without some sort of licensing can be risky. The work done may not be fully licensed, bonded, or insured. A licensed roofing contractor knows state and local building codes and how to adhere to those requirements. There are different requirements depending on licensing requirements on a state and local level. Peak Roofing Systems is a member of the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT) that has very strict requirements for licensing. According to their website, an applicant must:
- Be a principal in a roofing company that has been domiciled in the state of Texas for at least three continuous years
- Submit credit references
- Submit business references
- Submit proof of financial responsibility, including insurance or bonding, workers compensation and a completed applicant statement
- Pass a thorough background check
- Pass a basic business and safety knowledge exam plus a residential and/or commercial roofing exam
This license is valid for only one year and is renewable if you meet continuing education credits and properly conform to all original guidelines. McKinney does not have specific local licensing requirements for roofers, but does require registration of general contractors. In order to find a RCAT licensed contractor, you can search a list of their members on their website. Remember, Peak Roofing Systems adheres to all requirements for RCAT licensing.
Roof Repair Tips
It’s true that homeowners can do many home maintenance projects on their own. While simple roof maintenance and cleaning may be one of them, roof repair is usually best left to the professionals. Trying to perform repairs without the assistance of a roofing pro can lead to a host of unfortunate outcomes, including expensive energy bills, severe damage, and higher repair costs down the road.
If you’ve recently noticed one of the telltale signs of roof damage (leaks, discolored shingles, water stains in the attic, or higher energy bills than normal), contact the Peak Roofing Systems team for quick and effective roof repair.
Storm Damage in McKinney: What to Do
Weather in McKinney can become volatile pretty quickly. Warm weather can bring severe storms that can damage your roof. The most common reason for roof repair or replacement is due to hail. After a nasty hailstorm, it is always recommended that you have a professional McKinney roofer inspect your roof for damage. Waiting to check for damage can prevent proper reimbursement from your insurance company. If you know or suspect that your roof has been damaged in a storm, it is important that you do the following:
- Wait for the storm to pass before going outside, particularly if there is lightning or hail.
- Wear proper attire if you are to go on your roof. Particularly shoes with good grip and clothes that allow you to move freely.
- Check for leaks in your attic or on the roof itself.
- If there is a large leak or considerable damage to your roof, you will want to turn off your electricity and gas as a precaution.
- Call Peak Roofing Systems at (972) 731-7663 for emergency roof repair. We are available where and when you need us in McKinney.
- Get a roofing inspection from a McKinney roofer. Peak Roofing System offers free roofing inspections!
- Sit back, relax, and let Peak Roofing Systems do the rest.
The worst thing you can do is to ignore storm damage. Even a small leak caused by a storm will grow over time. It can cause severe damage to the wood structure of your home, promote toxic mold growth, and can cause thousands upon thousands of dollars in damage. Don’t let a small leak turn into a big problem. When in doubt, call Peak Roofing Systems to inspect and perform regular roofing maintenance for your McKinney roof.